What is the Best Food for Weight Loss?

Weight loss is a difficult journey for anyone as you have to change almost your whole lifestyle. 80% of the weight loss journey is taken forward by a good and balanced diet while the rest 20% is from your exercise.

Exercising does make your body look toned, however, losing weight takes a lot more effort and determination to lose weight in a healthy way. 

Counting the calorie and looking at every food you eat can be the easy start of embarking upon this journey. Different foods go through a different process of digestion and metabolism in your body. 

Here I have listed some of the weight-loss friendly foods to help you with your amazing journey of weight loss.

10 weight-loss friendly foods

Eggs

Every food has its benefits as well as the disadvantages when eaten a lot. Once whole eggs almost vanished for being right in cholesterol and yes, it does raise the level of bad LDL-cholesterol.

But now these eggs are making a comeback and have been one of the best food you can consume during your weight loss journey. The main reason is the high protein content and is extremely satiating as it is nutrient-dense.

Chicken breast

Chicken is the healthiest protein that works the best in your weight loss journey. Protein is the most filling nutrient which when eaten can make you feel full for the largest amount of time.

Also, eating a high-protein diet helps you to burn 80/100 calories more than a regular day. Research has shown that increasing 25% protein intake can cut your cravings of unnecessary snacks by 60% resulting in a weight loss of 0.45 kg per week. 

Leafy greens

Leafy green vegetables either eaten cooked or raw have various properties such as being low in calories and carbohydrates and high in fiber making them a perfect food for weight loss.

Leafy green includes spinach, kale, swiss chards, collards, and a few others that increase the volume of your meals without increasing the calories.

Boiled potatoes

I know what you have been thinking about how potatoes are always linked to weight gain. But there are several properties of boiled potatoes making it a perfect food for weight loss and optimal health.

Equipped with a diverse range of nutrients, that is, high in potassium which plays an important role in controlling blood pressure.

Also because potatoes are extremely filling, it will reduce your appetite suppressing your food intake and making you lose weight.

Tuna and salmon

Fish is another great source of an all-around balanced diet. And some of the healthiest fish must be Salmon and Tuna.

Salmon is extremely high in protein with omega-3 fatty acids and consuming salmon is a great choice for a healthy weight loss.

Similarly, tuna, on the other hand, is a lean fish equipped with high-quality protein. It is always effective when you are on a weight loss journey is replacing other macronutrients with protein.

Soups

Soups are the meal with high water content and less solid foods. As now we already know that meals with low energy density results in making people eat fewer calories than others.

And most foods with low water content is the low energy density meals, such as a soup. Just make sure not to add fat on your soup such as coconut, cream, milk, and many more. 

Beans and legumes

Some of the beneficiary beans and legumes are lentils, kidney beans, black beans, and many others. These meals are high in protein and fiber, which are two of the most important macronutrients for weight loss. 

Avocado

Avocados are an extremely unique fruit that is high in carbs and loaded with healthy fats. Although being high in fat, avocado also contains a lot of water and fiber, which are less energy-dense meals. Also, the fat is the monosaturated oleic acid which is the same type of fat found in olive oil.

Apple cider vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is often used on top of many meals to add the taste as well as because of its health benefits.

Vinegar, although is a high-carb meal makes people lose their appetite and make them eat 200-300 fewer calories per day.

Chia seeds

Chia seeds are extremely high in fiber which fills you up and loses your appetite. It is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet as they have 12 gms of carbohydrates and 11 gms of fiber per ounce of chia seeds.

Leave a Comment